Partners in Care.
As a family caregiver, we know how much you personally give to support your loved one’s well-being, many times at the sacrifice of your own. That’s where we come in. We can join the equation as care partners to help your loved one be as successful as they can be, despite their limitations. Sometimes that means counting the big successes along with the small, day-to-day victories that can mean so much. We also promise to be with you for the days that don’t go so well, because there will be tough days too.
We are careful to hire folks who are overloaded with empathy, have patience galore and are gifted to tune-in to the needs of others, even if those needs go unspoken. We also offer specialized training to these gifted team members that allows them to better understand Alzheimer’s or other forms of age-related dementia and how they can support them through this process while prioritizing the elder’s need for wholeness. This is accomplished by understanding The Eden Alternative’s seven domains of wellbeing: autonomy, identity, growth, security, connectedness, meaning, and joy. It is these basic needs that help individuals maintain a sense of wholeness, despite cognitive or physical limitations.
At Crestview, we’ve served thousands of seniors in a Christian environment since opening our doors in 1970 — which simply means that we’ve walked alongside many families on their journey with memory loss. This road is a familiar one for us, but it may be new terrain for you. That’s why we invite you to partner with Crestview for your loved one’s wellbeing, and ultimately, for your own.
Hand in Hand Training
Minimizing independence through individualized assistance, our Hand in Hand Training is evident in our programs and activities that help each resident find his or her way through each day with less strain and more joy.
- Staff members respect residents’ dignity, increasing their self-esteem
- Staff training includes how-tos of resident interaction, reducing behavior concerns and controlling medication needs
- Staff members learn each resident’s history and incorporate the knowledge into daily life
- Families can track their loved one’s progress via regular reviews
- Support groups connect families to share concerns
- Residents’ improvements in sleep, nutrition and hydration can often improve relations with family members
MUSIC & MEMORY ®
Now we know how those who have Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia can reconnect with their worlds with music. Music calms the chaos of brain activity. It sharpens focus. And that’s why the Music & Memory program is a key component of our Memory Support program. Plus, residents love it.
Services & Amenities
Taking good care also includes necessities such as:
- Assistance with personal care
- Chef-prepared meals and snacks
- Individualized social activities
- Medication administration
- On-site 24/7 licensed nursing staff
- Safe and secure environment
Find out more about Memory Support costs for current Arbor Oaks and Crestview residents — or for those in the community or anywhere in the U.S. who seek our care. To ask questions or start a private conversation, contact us.